How to Lose Weight Fast as Possible – weight gain and obesity are considered as the most troubling metabolic disorders across the world. Due to disabling effects of obesity and high risk of physical and psycho-social complications, healthcare providers and investigators have developed several formulations and extreme weight loss products to enhance natural weight loss. It has been observed that natural techniques are far more beneficial and effective in the long term when compared to conventional chemical products.
However, what if you are looking for extreme weight loss (i.e. more than 5 to 10% of your total body weight); how fast can you achieve such an ambitious weight loss goal? Is it even safe or practical to go for extreme weight loss interventions?
Experts believe that adopting a functional strategies reduces the risk of adverse effects associated with extreme weight loss:
Three key points include:
- Significant reduction in the appetite
- Losing weight without starving yourself (or feeling hungry/ food deprived all the time) being hungry
- Losing weight without compromising your overall health status
Following are some steps that are required to be taken in order to achieve these three goals.
Elimination of starch and sugars from diet
- Sugars and fats are responsible for the production of insulin in the body and insulin serves as the basic fat storage molecule (hormone).
- When the blood insulin concentrations goes down, it initiate the process of releasing fat from its stored molecules hence utilizing it in the production of energy from fat precursors.
- Decreased insulin concentrations also increase the excretion rate of hazardous metabolites from the kidneys. This further help in draining out the excess water and salts from the body.
- By eliminating starch and sugar from the diet, a person can easily lose up to 10 pounds of weight.
Since sugars are a leading cause of toxin production, you are more likely to feel energetic and fresh during the extreme weight loss make-over period.
Eat protein, healthy fat and vegetables
- A healthy platter should be constructed in such a way that it must contains the basic essentials needed to run a life such as fibers from vegetables, proteins from meat and healthy fat.
- The maintenance of carbohydrate intake should be limited to a maximum of 20-40 grams per day.
- Proteins should be obtained from variable sources such as, Beef, chicken, fish, shrimps, lobsters and eggs etc. (instead of popular belief of consuming lean meat that aggravates the risk of protein deficiencies.
- The importance of having plenty of protein in the food platter can be proved by the practical statement that a person can lose up to80-100 calories in a day just are eating protein containing foods.
- High protein intake is also known in reducing obsessive thoughts.
Some of the essential fat sources include:
- Butter, lard, olive oil, tallow, coconut oil etc.
- A diet containing low fat is proved to be effective for losing weight.
- It is recommended to cook the food in coconut oil as it contains medium chain triglycerides; they are responsible for boosting up the metabolism of the body.
- Use of saturated fat is also essential as it does not increases the risk of developing heart diseases
It is an optional step; many people do not require vigorous exercise or training for extreme weight loss (especially because you are already on a calorie restricted diet); but it is always a good idea to incorporate moderate exercise to achieve early results. In addition, exercise helps in maintaining the basal metabolic rate and sustainable weight loss.
- Joining gym would be effective as physical activities on regular basis if you allocate some time daily.
- It is recommended to do warm up exercises before starting gym work out.
- Weight lifting can lose weight by burning calories more quickly and effectively
- If gym is not an option for the person then brisk walk on regular basis and jogging in the morning is also equally effective
Optional steps to facilitate extreme weight loss
A little deviation from the regular schedule of diet and eating carbs more than daily one day in a week is acceptable.
Some extreme weight loss tips
Here is a list of simple weight loss tips, which can help reduce body weight in a short period of time
- Maintain body’s hydration for effective metabolism
- Drink tea and coffee to get caffeine (metabolism stimulator)
- Increase fiber intake
- Whenever making a food platter select a small plate
- Eat healthy breakfast on regular basis
- Layman, D. K., Boileau, R. A., Erickson, D. J., Painter, J. E., Shiue, H., Sather, C., & Christou, D. D. (2003). A reduced ratio of dietary carbohydrate to protein improves body composition and blood lipid profiles during weight loss in adult women. The Journal of nutrition, 133(2), 411-417.
- Stern, L., Iqbal, N., Seshadri, P., Chicano, K. L., Daily, D. A., McGrory, J., … & Samaha, F. F. (2004). The effects of low-carbohydrate versus conventional weight loss diets in severely obese adults: one-year follow-up of a randomized trial. Annals of internal medicine, 140(10), 778-785.
- Parker, B., Noakes, M., Luscombe, N., & Clifton, P. (2002). Effect of a high-protein, high–monounsaturated fat weight loss diet on glycemic control and lipid levels in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care, 25(3), 425-430.