With growing health-consciousness, people are now-a-days more inclined to shed extra pounds by all the means. While exercising and work-outs tone-up your body besides controlling your weight, still diet plays a major role in losing weight. One of the vital elements of our daily diet-chart is Water. Not just essential for life, its calorie free too and you shall be amazed to know that if it is consumed in a right proportion, it can help you exceptionally to lose weight. Barely few of us are aware that proper intake of water can help drastically in losing weight. Say, intake of 2 glasses of water before your each meal helps you to shed unwanted pounds and thus you can lose weight without working much hard. But is that enough to curb your extra pounds? It is very important to assess carefully on how much water intake should i drink to lose weight depending on your body type. As several other factors needs to be considered while regulating your water intake regime.
Weight Loss and Water
Even if you don’t restrict your calories, still more intake of water can help you lose weight. You can try out drinking 2 cups of water prior your meals for 12-weeks and the results will definitely amaze you as you may end up losing 2 pounds. Further, you need not to cut your calorie intake and may continue with your regular diet. And if you follow a weight-loss diet, you will end up losing more weight. So, here is how much water should i drink to lose weight. A clinical study has already been conducted in 2010 and published in Obesity.
Correlation between Fat loss and Water to assess how much water should i drink to lose weight
Water acts as a perfect substitute for your over-eating syndromes. As it help you to fill up thus curbing your diet intake, a clinical research has already proved that water-intake before every meal let you end up with a reduced 225 calorie intake each day.
Water affects Metabolism rate of our body thus explain how much water should i drink to lose weight
Metabolism rate plays a vital role in body weight management. By boosting up your metabolism rate, water helps you to lose weight steadily thus strengthen up your calorie-burning system within body. It has been proved that gulping down 2 glasses of water at one go boost up the metabolism by 30% for next 30-40 minutes. You can burn as much as 100 calories by drinking 70 ounces of water every day. As your body need to work out to warm up the water up to the level of your body temperature, you tend to lose weight with its increased intake.
What is the appropriate intake of water to lose weight?
Water intake majorly depends upon the factors as gender, age, activity level, diet and medication, if any. However, drinking 2 cups of water before every meal can be a good start but the study revealed that a body weight of 50 pounds requires 4 cups of water. Thus a body weighing 125 ponds shall require 9 cups of water essentially to lose weight.
It has been highly recommended to seek your doctor’s advice to assess your daily water needs. Not just to lose weight, water intake is of utmost relevance to keep your body hydrated, strengthen up your muscles, moist your organs and skin as well as deliver the nutrients to your body.
Tips that can help you to increase your water intake that will further help you to lose weight
- Add natural flavors like herbs and veggies to make it a tasty affair. Say, adding lemon and a pinch of salt in a glass of water will not only make us feel refreshed but also enrich your body with Vitamin C
- Juices are one of the forms of water that are not flavor some but also deliver high health benefits. Make sure that one must consume fresh fruit or vegetable juice only. Aerated drinks cannot be substituted for that matter.
- Water spa is another way out where one can prepare a pitcher of water loaded with the slices of cucumber and mint or oranges and lemon. A refreshing cup at regular intervals will rejuvenate the body commendably.
- Seltzer water is another good option if one wishes to add bubbles in drinks. Adding a drop of cranberry juice or lime spritz will bloat away taste buds with flavors too.
- It is worth notable that artificial sweeteners enhance our appetite thus we end up eating more. Hence, we should not include diet drinks to derive weight-loss benefits or substitute them for plain water.