Most of us are always looking for great weight loss supplements so that basal rate of metabolism can be increased and weight loss can be accomplished with minimal effort. How about I tell you about a great ingredient that can impart an excellent flavor to your food without causing weight gain?
Based on latest research, certain vegetables like capsicum can be rightfully called as superfoods because of high antioxidant profile and antioxidant potential that can help in preventing inflammatory diseases and malignant lesions.
Why should you consume Cayenne peppers for weight loss?
Something that can add flavor to your food and also contains health benefits should not be avoided. While giving good flavor to your meal, cayenne energizes blood flow and helps in burning unnecessary body fat. It has the ability of stimulating digestive tract by increasing amount of gastric juices and enzymes and can also relief pain. Moreover, it has the capability of preventing migraine headache, ease upset stomach and irritating, sore throats
here are some benefits of cayenne
Cayenne pepper is a good remedy for those who are looking for a functional weight loss plan to get rid of excess body fat. Cayenne pepper has been statistically proven to boost the fat burning process while utilizing the unnecessary pads of fat in the generation of energy. This conversion is scientifically known as fat oxidation. Fat oxidation is increased by cayenne by 40% while working out. Another function of cayenne in losing weight is decreasing one’s appetite. It is good to drink 8 ounces of water or any other liquid mixed with half teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder 30-60 minutes before starting your work out. It is a healthy recipe for weight loss with minimal risk of side effects when compared to other modalities.
Besides, there are a number of other benefits that you cannot achieve with other weight loss remedies:
One of the most effective use of cayenne pepper is in the improvement of circulatory system. Cayenne is a catalyst and when added with other herbal mixtures (or superfoods) it can further improves their metabolic potential. People with poor circulation can be treated by using cayenne pepper to fight chronic illnesses and diseases.
Some of the diseases that may respond very well to antioxidant rich cayenne are:
- Atherosclerosis is a disease caused by the hardening of arteries
- Angina pectoris is caused due to lack of blood flow to the heart muscle which results in chest pain
- Varicose veins is the result of pooling of blood in the deep veins of the leg due to valvular failure, which builds up the pressure inside leading to the development of varicosities (or bulging swelling).
- Myocardial infarction is the blockage or brief cessation to the blood flow of cardiac tissue that may affects the heart muscles. Moderate degree of cardiac ischemia can lead to cellular damage or even death.
All these ailments can be prevented or managed by cayenne pepper/capsicum
Helps in relieving pain
Pain relieving creams are commercially produced with cayenne pepper as it is a good remedy for pain. Capsaicin creams are effective for temporarily relieving pain as it inhibits substance P, a chemical mediator that is believed to initiate and propagate pain in the setting of trauma or inflammation. Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, post-surgery pain, neuropathy and shingles can be treated with the use of cayenne pepper.
Ulcer is a pathological condition that is thought to be caused by spicy foods; however, clinical research suggests that bacterial infections, mainly H.pylori is a leading cause implicated in the pathogenesis of stomach or duodenal ulcers. Chronic and unprovoked consumption of some pharmacological preparation can also lead to ulcer formation especially agents like Advil and Motrin. Such medicines expand the production of acid in the stomach; thereby affecting the stomach lining severely. This lining can be healed by the active compounds present in cayenne. Needless to say that cayenne is good neutralizing agent. It chemically neutralizes the acids thereby preventing injury to your lining cells of stomach. Cayenne pepper tea is a rich remedy to ensure early healing of peptic ulcers. It can also protect the colon efficiently.
Cayenne pepper, being a catalyst, works on every medicines and herbs and is able to multiply its strength. It’s better to start the supplementation after speaking to your primary care physician or a registered dietitian. It is imperative to mention here that less than 0.25% of the world’s population is allergic to cayenne pepper so make sure to start with a test dose before using it as your primary weight loss option.
- Whiting, S., Derbyshire, E., & Tiwari, B. K. (2012). Capsaicinoids and capsinoids. A potential role for weight management? A systematic review of the evidence. Appetite, 59(2), 341-348.
- Appel, L. J., Clark, J. M., Yeh, H. C., Wang, N. Y., Coughlin, J. W., Daumit, G., … & Brancati, F. L. (2011). Comparative effectiveness of weight-loss interventions in clinical practice. New England Journal of Medicine, 365(21), 1959-1968.
- O’Shea, J., Probst, Y., Thorne, R., Grafenauer, S., & Tapsell, L. (2012). Seven out of ten most popular vegetables remain top choice during first 3 months of a 12 month weight loss dietary intervention trial.