Weight loss is always a challenging task to perform, but what if:
- Can you detoxify your body from the toxins and hazardous chemicals to kick-start your metabolism?
- Avail several other benefits such as maintenance of optimal health, prevention from metabolic disease, elimination of free radicals and reactive oxygen species to reduce cancer risk and control of existing health issues
Detox Treatment And Weight Gain. How It Works?
Research and clinical data indicate that the accumulation of toxins and chemical irritants promote weight gain by a variety of mechanisms such as:
- Deactivation or malfunctioning of enzymes that control biological functions, leading to weight gain
- Unhealthy and abnormal cravings for certain foods that cause weight gain (such as sugars)
- Most toxin-promoting foods are composed of denatured proteins, processed carbohydrates, and artificial ingredients that are fattening.
- Toxins interfere with the digestion and metabolism of your dietary ingredients—the risk of increasing gut inflammatory conditions such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, etc., increases. In the presence of gut disorders, the nutrient absorption from your gut lining is generally suboptimal, leading to malnutrition (especially deficiency of micro-nutrients that serves as co-factor or enzymes for metabolic or biological activities).
Detox Treatment For Cleaning Of Our Biological Systems
Remove “The Dirty Dozen”
Always use healthy, fresh, and organic ingredients in the preparation of your meal. Try to eliminate all the hormone-disrupting chemicals from your dietary sources such as artificial additives, preservatives, hormone-laden meat, polluted water sources, drugs, and medications (to list a few). Instead, I prefer grass-fed beef, organic fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh spring water, and a green environment.
Maintain a Healthy Liver
It is the largest gland of our body. It performs many functions such as metabolism, hormonal control, production of enzymes, storage of vitamins and thermoregulation, etc. The chief function of liver is the metabolism of food with the help of hormones and enzymes that are secreted in response to biological stimuli.
The liver is also responsible for eliminating all the unwanted products, such as hormones, exogenously consumed drugs, medications, etc., that are no longer required by the body. Ultimately taking care of the liver will give normal hormonal levels. For their purpose, fresh green vegetables such as cauliflower, kale, and cabbage are advised to be added to your daily diet. It is the number one tip for detox treatment.
Use of Liver Supporting Herbs
As discussed in the above point, the liver serves as a metabolic factory of your body, and it performs the function of metabolism throughout life. For maintaining a healthy liver, it is highly recommended to incorporate herbs and natural ingredients that support liver function. The use of milk thistle seeds, dandelion root, and burdock root is considered effective in boosting the liver.
Some precautions must be taken while using these herbs, as these herbs may cross-react with specific pharmacological preparation or even other herbs to cause more harm than any good. Seeking the help of a doctor can save you a lot of trouble.
Phytoestrogens are the naturally occurring chemicals that mimic the action of organically produced hormones such as estrogens. These compounds are found in plants. A misconception is seen regarding these hormones, but taking them within a limited amount will only provide you benefit; otherwise, excess intake of all the things will have a harmful impact. Plants such as Soy and strawberries are rich in phytoestrogens and are advised to be added to your daily diet routine to fulfill the need for estrogen. It is very important tip for detox treatment.
All these points that are discussed above are much spartan than taking prescribed medicines. They are some simple techniques to balance your hormonal system and increase your quality of life. In case of any adverse effects (such as intake of a more significant amount of dose of herbs), consult your physician immediately.
- Limit the intake of alcohol or alcoholic beverages (such as beer, rum, wine) to minimize the production of toxins.
- Eliminate the caffeinated beverages during the detox period.
- Quit smoking to limit the entry of carcinogens into your system
- Consider taking detox baths, and detox wraps to enhance the excretion of toxins.