Healthy smoothies for weight loss are the biggest and perhaps the hottest trend these days. Yet, as much as we all wants to lose weight, it is still not clear what weight loss solutions are more effective and safest in the long term. You must have heard about green healthy smoothies for weight loss. There are a number of potential benefits and health goals that can be achieved if this diet is adopted for a short period of time; but like any fad, it is associated with a few limitations as well.
Highlights of Green Healthy Smoothies For Weight Loss
Healthy smothies for weight loss are known as plant blood, and life juices. They juices are extracted from green plants and certain cereals that have great nutritional value, containing Vitamin A, B, C, and E along with a number of antioxidants. minerals like potassium, phosphor, calcium, and magnesium are also found in these healthy smoothies, having power to resolve all the digestion troubles within your body.
The main ingredients in most of the green smoothies are celery, pulses, parsley, spinach, lettuce, marine algae, and some cereals too. If they are green, it does not mean that they are going to taste bad. You will hardly notice the presence of vegetables in the juice if the right ratio and the right recipe are followed. Fruits are added with the vegetables to add sweetness and flavor to it.
Do you know that many of the Hollywood celebrities even take green smoothies on daily basis as a part of their weight loss regime? No wonder why they always look so lean, smart, and fresh. The green smoothie devotees from Hollywood include Gisele Bunchen, Eva Longoria, Hillary Duff, Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried, Vanessa Hudgens, Josh Duhamel, Ryan Seacrest, and many others.
Health Benefits Of Healthy Smoothies For Weight Loss
Take a look at some of the health benefits of green smoothies:
- Green smoothies are the predigested material. Your body does not have to digest the liquid that goes in, as it simply has to focus on detoxification, healing, and the repair.
- With the intake of green smoothies, your body gets all the vegetable nutrition, which you miss otherwise.
- Green smoothies contain raw vegetables which have not lost their nutritional value and they will deliver your body the right amount of enzymes and nutrients.
- These beverages are effective in restoring the healthy alkalinity in the body. Our diet mostly consists of acidic food like coffee, meat, and other oily food, and drinking green smoothies can neutralize all such effects.
- It can be rightly be called a workout drink which can reduce cravings for sugary food and junk food. When your irregular cravings will be reduced, then you will get to lose weight quite easily, and feel a lot less hungry.
- These smoothies contain fewer calories, thus, if you take them in breakfast, you are going to bring yourself lots of benefits throughout the day.
The Spanish and Orange Smoothie
The ingredients you will need include:
- A package of spinach
- Half cup orange juice
Directions: Pour orange juice in a blender and mix up all the Spanish leaves. Blend it up until it becomes smooth. Add some ice cubes and pour it a glass. Your smoothie is ready to serve.
Beginners Green Smoothie
If you are new to green smoothies, here is a recipe for beginners:
- 1 cup of kale leaves
- 1 table spoon honey
- 1 medium apple
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
Directions: Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend them together. Once smooth, the drink is ready to serve. Don’t get irked by hearing the word green smoothie, you are free to add other fruits and vegetables of your choice.
Green smoothies have proven to be a quite effective remedy for weight loss. But if used effectively, this dietary regimen can be effectively used to deliver numerous other health benefits as well. However, healthcare providers recommend consulting your primary care doctor to prevent any adverse effects (especially if you have known health issues).
1. Maeda, E. (2013). The Effects of Green Smoothie Consumption on Blood Pressure and Health-Related Quality of Life: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
2. Williams, D. (2014). Green Smoothies: The 50 Best Green Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss: How to Make the Best Green Smoothies to Drop Pounds. Speedy Publishing LLC.
3. Michaels, S. (2013). Nutribullet Recipes Reloaded: 70+ New Fat Burning & Delicious Green Smoothie Recipes for Your Rapid Weight Loss. Speedy Publishing LLC.